In case you missed it, a couple of weeks ago 5 paintings with a market value of more than $100 million were stolen from the Paris Museum of Modern Art.
The paintings include:
- Pablo Picasso’s “Le pigeon aux petits-pois” (The Pigeon with the Peas)
- Henri Matisse’s “La Pastorale” (Pastoral)
- Amadeo Modigliani’s “La femme a l’eventail” (Woman with a Fan)
- Georges Braque’s “L’olivier pres de l’Estaque” (Olive Tree near Estaque)
- Fernand Leger’s “Nature morte aux chandeliers” (Still Life with Chandeliers)
Chris Trueman delivers an explosion of color, line and texture in his most recent paintings. I first featured Chris Trueman’s work in 2008 when his style was more geometric and controlled. While Trueman’s current style still includes geometric elements, the paint is more fluid and energetic.
I absolutely love the artwork of REMED and I have to thank RQM for showing this to me. RQM is a talented Berlin MC that collaborated with REMED on COLORS FADE, LIGHT GOES ON to create a great mosaic piece made up of 84 7″ records. REMED feels like an art superstar, slinging out amazing artwork regularly, on the street and in the gallery.
In his latest work, Matthew Hindley explores themes of darkness with his rich oils and acrylics. These paintings capture figures in a moment of strong emotion leaving the audience wondering what might happen next.
Today’s amazing illustrations are by artist Mel Kadel.
Ronald Kurniawan draws, paints and sculpts wild and imaginative scenes and characters.
Jenkins is a mixed media artist that pumps out works of art like a machine. The volume of wonderful work that comes from his hands is staggering.