Showing off your art on a website can be challenging. Most websites scroll vertically, while art in a gallery is viewed horizontally. Since more people are now using wide screens, horizontally scrolling portfolio websites are becoming more popular. Scroll allows you to display your art in WordPress horizontally to better resemble what a person might see in a gallery. Seeing art on a computer screen is still no replacement for the real thing, but this may be a step in reducing that gap.
If you are an artist and new to websites, you may be wondering what the heck I am talking about. Look for an upcoming post about how to setup your own website using WordPress.
Key features include:
- Free upgrades as theme is updated.
- Full support.
- A custom portfolio post type to easily manage your art.
- Horizontal scrolling on the front page.
- An easy way to add your logo.
- Light or dark version options.
- 3 Page Templates.
- WordPress 3.0 Custom Menu Support.
- WordPress 3.0 Custom Background.
- Widget Ready Footers.
- Widget Ready Posts.
- Custom Recent Posts Widget.
- Custom Recent Work Widget.
- Add 16 popular Social Media Icon Links.
- Twitter Integration.
- Facebook Page Integration
Can’t decide which theme to get? Theme Spectrum is offering 4 themes for the price of 1 to Today in Art readers for a limited time. Use coupon code 4for1