Today’s art is by Fernando Chamarelli. Chamarelli’s work includes “mosaic, geometric elements, organic forms and harmonic lines connecting symbols, legends, philosophies, religions and customs of ancient and modern civilizations.”
Arkiv is an amazing painter, sculptor and toy maker. His paintings are rich with color and fluid movement and his toys are sculpted with perfection.
Many thanks to Art Asylum Boston for introducing me to Kevin Peterson. Peterson’s paint reveals a sharp contrast between the innocent world of a child and the reality of the world in which they live.
In case you missed it, a couple of weeks ago 5 paintings with a market value of more than $100 million were stolen from the Paris Museum of Modern Art.
The paintings include:
- Pablo Picasso’s “Le pigeon aux petits-pois” (The Pigeon with the Peas)
- Henri Matisse’s “La Pastorale” (Pastoral)
- Amadeo Modigliani’s “La femme a l’eventail” (Woman with a Fan)
- Georges Braque’s “L’olivier pres de l’Estaque” (Olive Tree near Estaque)
- Fernand Leger’s “Nature morte aux chandeliers” (Still Life with Chandeliers)